The basic guidelines for your child to prepare for the Sacrament of First Penance and Reconciliation are:
- The child must be baptized into the Catholic faith.
- At least one year of Religious Education either in a Catholic school or a parish Religious Education Program must be completed.
- The child must receive the Sacrament of Penance before the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.
- Current enrollment in a Catholic School or a Religious Education Program is required.
- The family must be registered at Peace of Christ Parish.
Children usually begin their preparation to receive the Sacraments of Penance and Holy Communion in the second grade. Please check back in April 2017 for registration materials and a preparation class schedule for the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation. Then, send your completed registration form with processing fee ($30) to: Peace of Christ Parish, 25 Empire Blvd., Rochester, NY 14609. Remember, your child needs to first receive the Sacrament of Penance (in the fall) before he/she can prepare to receive the Sacrament of Holy Communion (in the spring). During preparation, we use Our Sunday Visitor's Encounter with Christ program as a supplement to a variety of learning experiences including family and youth workshops. Thank you!