Welcome to First Holy Communion Catechesis at Peace of Christ Parish!
Our First Holy Communion Celebration is in the month of May this year: May 13, 2017, 10am-11am, St. Ambrose Church. Visit this link for a complete schedule.
Children usually begin their preparation to receive the Sacraments of Penance and Holy Communion in the second grade. Please check back in April 2017 for registration materials and a preparation class schedule for the Sacrament of First Holy Eucharist. Then, send your completed registration form with processing fee ($30) to: Peace of Christ Parish, 25 Empire Blvd., Rochester, NY 14609. Remember, your child needs to first receive the Sacrament of Penance (in the fall) before he/she can prepare to receive the Sacrament of Holy Communion (in the spring). During preparation, we use Our Sunday Visitor's Encounter with Christ program as a supplement to a variety of learning experiences including family and youth workshops. Thank you!
The basic guidelines for your child to prepare for the Sacrament of First Eucharist are:
- The child must be baptized into the Catholic faith.
- One year of Religious Education either in a Catholic school or a parish Religious Education program should have already been completed. (Second grade is the recommended age for receiving this sacrament.)
- The child must have received the Sacrament of First Penance prior to receiving the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
- Current enrollment in a Catholic School or a Religious Education program is required.
- The family is registered at Peace of Christ Parish.
Please note: if your child already attends a Catholic School, then he or she only attends the classes for sacramental preparation; they do not need to attend faith formation classes. Sacramental preparation classes are separate from our faith formation classes.